Airstream Land Yacht XL 396

Airstream Land Yacht XL 396
Follow our trials as we travel the USA

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Coming Attractions

I have been making some additions to the Airstream.

I added a rear view camera that uses WiFi with a smartphone I put a iPhone 4 on my rear view mirror with rubber bands and it works fine. You could also buy a cheap $50 Android tablet for the screen. The camera setup was only about $70 and I'm really pleased with it.

I added a WeBoost cell booster from Wilson but I'm still tweaking it.

I ran a CB radio antenna through the battery door to the inside of the Airstream. It works okay but a lot of Airstreamers run the antenna through the refrigerator vent which works well too.

I have the pictures so all I need to do is the story now.

:)

If you'd like to follow my travels I send out an almost daily email with pictures. Just send your request to frankhogg@gmail.com. Cancel at any time by sending that request to the same email.

Usually it's 2-6MB.


No comments:

Post a Comment